Thanks for visiting Sophia Tallon's blog! We review books, audio books, screenplays, films, web series, plus much more! We also do interviews, spotlights, and guest posts! Please see our Contact/FAQ's page! Make sure you follow us on Bloglovin' or by email! Posts go live daily at 12 a.m. Central Daylight Time.

Wednesday 16 March 2016

(BOOK) Vintage Hairstyles by Emma Sundh and Sarah Wing


Summary:

From the finger waves of the romantic 1910s to the beehive of the rebellious 1960s, retro hair has made a comeback. Vintage Hairstyles presents all the tools, techniques, and step-by-step instructions needed to achieve eye-catching looks for every occasion. Trendsetters, hairstylists, and fashionistas will love creating elegant updos for special events or playful curls for everyday excursions. Featuring a history of beauty trends by the decades, a list of must-have hair products, and projects for making chic hair accessories, Vintage Hairstyles showcases classic beauty with a fresh twist.

Stars: Five

Age Range: Depending on abilities I think it would be great for anyone who loves styling hair!

Should You Read This: Yes!

Review:
I am so glad I got this brilliant book! I love vintage-y old fashioned clothes and hairstyles so this was perfect for me! If you too love vintage things and want to give the hairstyles a go then this is for you! Also, this would make a great gift for anybody you know who love hair styling! I'd already been doing quite a few of these styles by myself without the book since I'm very talented as a hairstylist. But this book is helpful (even for me) with interesting facts and photos that are beautifully done by Martina Ankarfyr. This book not only covers hair, it also helps with make-up, nails, hats, clothes and glasses. The focus is hair but the other tips are helpful to vintage newbies. My favourite hairstyle is Victory Rolls but I also love the Gibson Tuck. My least favourite is probably Bettie Bangs which just look silly unless you actually have bangs. Before you buy this, make sure you have a one inch curling iron and loads of bobby pins. I recommend doing pin curls over night as these do keep looking perfect for days without brushing or maintenance. If you're not good at doing your own hair, practice on someone else first i.e. your mum or a friend. That way you get to practise but you can also get them to do one of the styles on you! Good luck and have fun with your hair!

Note: Want to see some of my fabulous hairstyles? Follow me on Twitter @Sophia_Tallon and Instagram @SophiaTallon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know what you think!