Thanks for visiting Sophia Tallon's blog! We review books, audio books, screenplays, films, web series, plus much more! We also do interviews, spotlights, and guest posts! Please see our Contact/FAQ's page! Make sure you follow us on Bloglovin' or by email! Posts go live daily at 12 a.m. Central Daylight Time.

Thursday 10 September 2015

(AUTHOR INTERVIEW) J. R. Robinson


Today I will be interviewing J. R. Robinson! Enjoy, and remember if you ever want to be interviewed Contact Me
First of all, tell us a little about yourself!
I am a lover of the telling of stories. I believe completely in the power of the human imagination and truly enjoy the worlds in which can be created within the pages of a book. Born and raised in Michigan until leaving for California after high school, which is where I have resided for most of my years. I enjoy reading, learning, new adventures, early morning hours and precious time with loved ones.

What inspired you to become an author?
At an early age I wrote short stories galore – pages upon pages. It seemed to be my greatest outlet throughout my childhood for finding make believe places that just brought out so much more color in my life.

What was the main inspiration for your most recent book?
All of my life I was raised to never lose the feeling of what it is like to be a child. To hold on to that childlike mentality that allows magic within our days. I wanted a book that could bring a tale of such power – to give others the understanding that we can keep our imaginations for a lifetime as long as we don’t forget where to find the key to unlock the door in which we keep it behind.

Who influenced you the most in life?
My daughter.

Do you have a favorite author? (Or name a few)
Too many to name.

What is the best writing advice you have ever received?
Write every day, no matter what it is, write every day.

Did you always want to be a writer and if not what did was the first thing you wanted to be or do?
Actually, I wished to be an oceanographer for my first career.

Do you like to listen to music while you write? If so, who are your favorite artists?
I usually do not listen to music while writing.

What helps you write when you're stuck and or have writer's block?
Taking a breather outdoors. A walk or jog.

After a long day of writing etc, do you have a favorite tv show you like to watch?
A wide variety of sitcoms and standup comics.

What are you working on currently?
A new children’s book – The Spiffy Kids Storybook Collection. Estimated publication date is November 2016.

When you're not writing, or working, what do you like to do?
Spend time with my family, read, study, jog.

What are some of your most favorite books of all time?

- Oh the places you will go

- On the night you were born

- Harry Potter series

- Romeo and Juliet

- The Secret Garden

- The Wishing Tree

- Where the Sidewalk Ends

Which of your characters do you love the most and why?
Thatcher in Theodore Roberts and the Key to the Imaginary Door. Thatcher is a character with spirit, heart and a power to journey in to any part of his land – perhaps even beyond. The other characters that I love are not yet published.

What is the title of the last book you read/was it good or bad?
Eating for Beauty by David Wolfe. It was indeed well written, informative and exactly what I was looking for.

Is there anything specific you'd like to try writing about in the future?
Fiction is my favorite – as it can be anything and everything.

If you could have one super power, what would it be and why would you choose it?
To fly! I think that would be a great adventure from a whole new view.

Where can we find you on social media?
www.myspiffykids.com

www.facebook.com/myspiffykids

Social media for Theodore Roberts and the Key to the Imaginary Door coming soon.

Check back later this year as I will be reviewing J. R.'s book Theodore Roberts and the Key to the Imaginary Door!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know what you think!