Thanks for visiting Sophia Tallon's blog! We review books, audio books, screenplays, films, web series, plus much more! We also do interviews, spotlights, and guest posts! Please see our Contact/FAQ's page! Make sure you follow us on Bloglovin' or by email! Posts go live daily at 12 a.m. Central Daylight Time.

Thursday 29 October 2015

(VINYL vs CD) Judy Garland Live at Carnegie Hall



(VINYL vs CD) Judy Garland Live at Carnegie Hall
 


Stars: FIVE for Vinyl FOUR for CD
Should You Listen To This: Yes!! Definitely!!
Review:
If you have never listened to Judy Garland, I highly recommend this album! It was the biggest of her career, spending 95 weeks in Billboard's chart (13 of them at #1). It was certified Gold within a year. It also won four Grammy's including album of the year (first live album to win) and best solo vocal performance by a female. If you are lucky enough to have a turntable/stereo like me then I recommend that you get the vinyl. It really does have a much better feeling/sound to it. If you must, get the CD as well, like me. I have both, first the vinyl for when I'm at home and the CD for when I'm in the car. Listening to my old vinyl of it just makes you feel as if you're really there and it sounds good. With the CD it's good but not as good, the band also doesn't sound as good for some reason. Overall I love it and it's a great album to have! Especially if you (like me) like to belt the songs out with Judy and tap dance to The Trolley Song. I am guilty of doing both. Below is a list of my favourite songs on the album:

1) Come Rain or Come Shine

2) The Trolley Song

3) Zing! Went The Strings of My Heart

4) When You're Smiling

5) Almost Like Being in Love/This Can't Be Love

6) You Go to My Head

7) You Made Me Love You

8) Puttin' on the Ritz

9) Just You, Just Me

10) That's Entertainment!

11) Who Cares?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know what you think!