Thanks for visiting Sophia Tallon's blog! We review books, audio books, screenplays, films, web series, plus much more! We also do interviews, spotlights, and guest posts! Please see our Contact/FAQ's page! Make sure you follow us on Bloglovin' or by email! Posts go live daily at 12 a.m. Central Daylight Time.

Wednesday 27 May 2015

(BOOK) Let it Snow - Maureen Johnson, John Green, Lauren Myracle

Summary:
An ill-timed storm on Christmas Eve buries the residents of Gracetown under multiple feet of snow and causes quite a bit of chaos. One brave soul ventures out into the storm from her stranded train and sets off a chain of events that will change quite a few lives. Over the next three days one girl takes a risky shortcut with an adorable stranger, three friends set out to win a race to the Waffle House (and the hash brown spoils), and the fate of a teacup pig falls into the hands of a lovesick barista.

Date Reviewed: 5/24/15
Stars: THREE
Should You Read This: JUST THE FIRST TWO SHORT STORIES!
Age Range: 13+
Review:
Okay...So I finished the first two stories by Maureen and John (which I loved), but six pages into Lauren's story and... My only thought was: A) WHY IS LAUREN WRITING? B) WHY IS HER STORY THE LONGEST? C) WHY ARE ALL HER CHARACTERS SO BLOODY ANNOYING FOR PETE'S SAKE?!?!?! D) WHY DID SHE RUIN THE OTHER TWO AUTHOR'S CHARACTERS?! I should mention that I bought this book because I love John Green's books. I haven't read anything by Maureen Johnson yet but I ended up really liking her story. Now, Lauren Myracle on the other hand I have read three of her books (Peace, Love and Baby Ducks, Rhymes With Witches and ttyl) all of them were terrible and her main characters are all whiny little prats. So my question is: Why was she chosen to write a story for this book? This was published in 2008 and you're telling me there were zero good teen ficton writers out there who could come on board and write a way better ending story? Whatever. Ending Note: READ THE FIRST TWO STORIES AND DON'T BOTHER READING THE THIRD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know what you think!