Thanks for visiting Sophia Tallon's blog! We review books, audio books, screenplays, films, web series, plus much more! We also do interviews, spotlights, and guest posts! Please see our Contact/FAQ's page! Make sure you follow us on Bloglovin' or by email! Posts go live daily at 12 a.m. Central Daylight Time.

Monday 8 June 2015

(BOOK) If I Stay - Gayle Forman

Summary:
Choices. Seventeen-year-old Mia is faced with some tough ones: Stay true to her first love—music—even if it means losing her boyfriend and leaving her family and friends behind? Then one February morning Mia goes for a drive with her family, and in an instant, everything changes. Suddenly, all the choices are gone, except one. And it's the only one that matters. If I Stay is a heartachingly beautiful book about the power of love, the true meaning of family, and the choices we all make.

Date Reviewed: 6/2/15
Stars: THREE
Should You Read This: MAYBE
Age Range: 13+
Review:
A lot of people I know kept telling me to read this and how I would cry and love it and blah. That is why I read  it. Plus a lot of reviews said it was good and moving and blah. That's just what it is, in a nut shell: blah. I don't know why but it didn't really move me that much honestly. I have cried over other books e.g. The Fault in Our Stars and others, but this one just didn't do it for me. One of my friends did tell me that she thought the film was a lot better than the book which I found slightly unbelieveable because when do you ever say that except about maybe Lord of the Rings? (but not The Hobbit cos that's just drudgerous rubbish). So I read the book and as I said, I wasn't really moved, then I watched the film with my mum on my eighteenth birthday. And, trust me, my friend was right - the film is eons better than the book! I would advise you to watch the film, then read the book, just in case the book puts you off wanting to watch the film. Check back as I will be doing a review of the film version!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know what you think!