Thanks for visiting Sophia Tallon's blog! We review books, audio books, screenplays, films, web series, plus much more! We also do interviews, spotlights, and guest posts! Please see our Contact/FAQ's page! Make sure you follow us on Bloglovin' or by email! Posts go live daily at 12 a.m. Central Daylight Time.

Wednesday 10 June 2015

(TV) Fawlty Towers (1975-1979)

Summary:
Hotel owner Basil Fawlty's incompetence, short fuse, and arrogance form a combination that ensures accidents and trouble are never far away.

Date Reviewed:
Stars: FIVE
Should You Watch This: YES!
Rating: PG
Review:
This show only had two seasons which is sad but good because both seasons are fabulous! Fawlty Towers is one of the best situation comedies that I have ever watched and that is because 1) it is well written (by John Cleese and wife Connie Booth) 2) the actors (John Cleese, Prunella Scales, Connie Booth, Andrew Sachs) are hilarious. There isn't anything like it on TV now and there probably never will be again simply because the standard for good comedic televison is fairly low (at least in my opinion) which is why I usually just watch old shows on dvd. If you have not watched Fawlty Towers, here is all you need to know: It rarely pauses to let you catch a breath between laughs and when it does it's not for long. My mum and I watched both seasons together and were rolling about like loonies laughing our heads off. Of course, this is British television and I know some Americans think British humour is slightly odd sometimes but trust me, you will laugh and you will like it (possibly love it). I would love to tell you my favourite episode but I can't cos they're all my favourites!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know what you think!