Thanks for visiting Sophia Tallon's blog! We review books, audio books, screenplays, films, web series, plus much more! We also do interviews, spotlights, and guest posts! Please see our Contact/FAQ's page! Make sure you follow us on Bloglovin' or by email! Posts go live daily at 12 a.m. Central Daylight Time.

Tuesday 23 June 2015

(AUTHOR INTERVIEW) Paige Lavoie

Today I will be interviewing Paige Lavoie! Enjoy, and remember if you ever want to be interviewed Contact Me
First of all, tell us a little about yourself!
Hi! My name’s Paige Lavoie. I’m an artist and writer living in sunny Orlando FL. At the beginning of this month I released my first YA Novel called “Confidence: The Diary of an Invisible Girl” a story of friendship and fandom, which is now available on amazon! I also draw and write a comic called Pumpkin Spiced, that I update online every Wednesday.

What inspired you to become an author?

I’ve always been telling stories through different mediums. I filled up countless notebooks growing up, and then moved on to creating comics. When I found out about NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) in 2013, I decided to jump in and was excited not only start, but finish a novel!

What is the main inspiration of your book?
Confidence was really inspired by nerdom and conventions. Also, first experiences and the different friends and people you connect with during high school.

Who influences you most in life?
My husband Matt is probably the most creative person in the world. He can take one look at something, and be building it the next day. I think his outlook on life influences me, and he’s a constant inspiration to try new things and create something awesome. I don’t think I could have finished this book without his support.

What is the kindest thing someone has ever said or done for you?
Gosh! What a tough question. To narrow it down a little bit, the nicest thing that’s happened today, was a really sweet lady gave my husband and I some fruit from her garden. She was so nice and adorable!

Do you have a favorite author?
Gala Darling with her book Radical Self Love, and all of her lovely and inspired blogposts.
What’s the best writing advice you’ve ever received?
This was advice about making comics, but I think it pertains to most things in the creative realm. “If you want to make comics draw comics.” –Cat Farris (The Last Diplomat) I really like that attitude. That’s probably one of the reasons I was so drawn to NaNoWriMo. I’m looking forward to doing it again this year.

Do you like to listen to music while you write? If so, who are your favourite artists?
It depends, If I really like Marissa Nadler and Phildel. But they have such romantic and haunting tones, so I can’t listen to them all the time. For pop-music my go-to is Marina and The Diamonds.

What helps you write when you're stuck and or have writer's block?
Taking a shower, or going for a walk, or even writing in a brand new place, like a new coffee shop you’ve been dying to try out. Or even working with a fellow artist at their house. I do this with my friend Erin (purrito press) sometimes as often as once or twice a week. Shake up the routine!

After a long day of writing etc, do you have a favourite tv show you like to watch?
I love cartoons! Steven Universe, Bee & Puppycat and Bravest Warriors are a few of my favorites.

What are you working on currently?
I’m in the editing phases of a collection of spooky short stories I wrote that I hope to release this fall. And this past week got started on writing a sequel to “Confidence: The Diary of an Invisible Girl” It’s been fun getting back into the swing of it. 

When you're not writing, or working, what do you like to do?
Sometimes I zone out and play video games. Dragon Age is my favorite.

What are some of your most favourite books of all time? 
“Tales of the sister’s kane” is a good one. “Relish” was also an instant favorite.

Which of your characters do you love the most and why?
I don’t know that I can choose! From “Confidence” I’d have to say Barbara Jenkins, because she’s so fun to write. I think her uncertainty and awkwardness makes her not only relatable, but also pretty darn loveable.

What is the title of the last book you read/was it good or bad?
“The Selection” I enjoyed it quite a bit!

Is there anything specific you'd like to try writing about in the future?
I would love to do a suspense/horror novel. I have a few mapped out, but no plans to dive into them at the moment.

What is an interesting or hidden talent you have?
I can totally lick my elbow…J/K I do play bass and a little though.

If you could have one super power, what would it be and why would you choose it?
I would have healing powers. Mage/Healer in all of the adventurer groups. J

Is there anything else you'd like my readers to know?
 If you want to laugh out loud and geek be sure to check out “Confidence: The Diary of an Invisible Girl” this summer. I’ll be doing a livestream reading on youtube within the next few weeks, and a few fun promotion, so come say hi on social media, subscribe and join the party!
 
Where can we find you on social media?
@MrsPaigeLavoie on twitter, @pumpkinspicedpaige on Instagram
Facebook.com/itspaigelavoie on facebook and youtube.com/pumpkinspicedpaige
 
Check back later as I will be doing a review of Paige's book, Confidence: The Diary of an Invisible Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know what you think!