Thanks for visiting Sophia Tallon's blog! We review books, audio books, screenplays, films, web series, plus much more! We also do interviews, spotlights, and guest posts! Please see our Contact/FAQ's page! Make sure you follow us on Bloglovin' or by email! Posts go live daily at 12 a.m. Central Daylight Time.

Thursday 18 June 2015

(Author Interview) Nicole Dykes

Today I will be interviewing Nicole Dykes! Enjoy, and remember if you ever want to be interviewed Contact Me

First of all, tell us a little about yourself!
I'm 28 and have been married for 7 years. I had my first baby in October and love being a mom. I am staying home with her so I write whenever she sleeps :)

What inspired you to become an author? 
I have always loved to write and constantly have idea floating around in my head so when I had my daughter I had time to finally write them down.


What author influenced you the most?
So many I can't really narrow it down to one specific author.

Do you have a favourite author? (Or name a few)
Faye Kellerman, Jay Crownover and Krista and Becca Ritchie.

What is the best writing advice you have ever  received?
Take the bad with the good (works for life in general also)

What helps you write when you're stuck or have writer's block?
Just push through and fix it later.

What are you working on currently? 
Part 4 of the Soulmates Series. It is my first attempt at dual POV and will be Andy and Jackie's story. It will also catch up with Jake and Maddy.

When you're not writing, what do you like to do? 
Mostly just hang out with my daughter and husband. Love to travel and swim and of course read.

What are some of your most favourite books of all time?
I'm pretty sure Addicted to you will be my favorite book for a long time. I also love Rule.
Is there anything specific you'd like to try writing about in the future?
I have an idea for a new social worker that falls in love with a young man who took custody of his younger siblings.

Which of your characters do you love the most and why? 
I truly love then all. They are all screwed up and broken, but probably Jake and Maddy the original couple.

Which one of your books are you most proud of? 
Probably Fate. The first book I was still getting the hang of it and Fate I felt like I really found my voice.

What is an interesting or hidden talent you have? 
For some reason complete strangers confide in me.  Some very personal things.
 
Is there anything else you'd like my readers to know?
I'm an easy person to get to know and a good listener. I welcome any and all feedback on my books as long as it's respectful.

Where can we find you on social media?
Twitter: nicoledykes87
Check back later this month as I will be reviewing Nicole's book Soulmates!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know what you think!