Thanks for visiting Sophia Tallon's blog! We review books, audio books, screenplays, films, web series, plus much more! We also do interviews, spotlights, and guest posts! Please see our Contact/FAQ's page! Make sure you follow us on Bloglovin' or by email! Posts go live daily at 12 a.m. Central Daylight Time.

Monday 22 June 2015

(AUTHOR INTERVIEW) S.J. Higgins

Today I will be interviewing S.J. Higgins! Enjoy, and remember if you ever want to be interviewed Contact Me
First of all, tell us a little about yourself!
I live in South Africa with my hubby, two girls and my two dogs Buzz and Rex. I work at an aviation company in the mornings and am lucky enough to have the afternoons to spend with my girls and when I just can't help myself, write a paragraph or two.






What inspired you to become an author?
I've always had little stories in my head, fantasies if you will but didn't feel I would do the stories any justice. Then one day I plucked up the guts to share my dream with a good friend, Victoria King (who incidentally became my editor for The Dark Side Of Chemistry) and she encouraged me to try it out. Once my first paragraph hit the page I was hooked.   


What was the main inspiration for your book, The Dark Side of Chemistry?

This question always makes me laugh and not because it's a silly question but because the answer's kind of embarrassing. Okay, here goes. I was watching an episode of Supernatural and drooling over Sam and Dean when the thought struck; how could one possibly choose between the brothers? Then I thought, what if... (I can't tell you anymore or I'll spoil it)


What author influenced you the most?

SC Stephens, without a doubt. It was after reading Thoughtless that I knew I had to get my story out there. I loved the way she made me feel every single word she wrote.


Do you have a favourite author? (Or name a few)

 SC Stephens and JR Ward.


What is the best writing advice you have ever received?

Get it down, you can go back and tweak it later.


What helps you write when you're stuck or have writer's block?
If I'm stuck with a specific scene I try to write it from another POV. If that doesn't work then I move on to something else and go back to it later.


Do you like to listen to music while you write? If so, who are your favourite artists?
Yes I do.
Katy Perry
Ellie Goulding
The Script


After a long day of writing what is your favourite tv show you like to watch?

Supernatural. (yip, I'm obsessed)



What are you working on currently?

I'm working on Chemistry's Captives, which is the sequel to The Dark Side Of Chemistry.


When you're not writing, what do you like to do?
 
Spend time with my family or curl up with a good book, sometimes I like to torture my family by playing Singstar.

What are some of your most favourite books of all time?

The Thoughtless series by SC Stephens. I completely fell in love with Kellan Kyle but who didn't right? Also any of the books from the Black Dagger Brotherhood series.

Is there anything specific you'd like to try writing about in the future?

I have an idea for a story on human trafficking but that's going be a toughie. I have to work up the guts first.


Which of your characters do you love the most and why?

Jensen (yip, told you I was obsessed). It's hard to say but I guess I love that he is so badass and cocky and arrogant and fiercely protective of Skyla even when she's hurting him.


Which one of your books are you most proud of?
 
The Dark Side Of Chemistry.


What is an interesting or hidden talent you have?

It's not singing that's for sure.


Is there anything else you'd like my readers to know?
 
I have a pinterest account where I've posted a Board for The Dark Side Of Chemistry. Check it out to see what my characters look like in my head.

Where can we find you on social media?
You can find me on
Goodreads
Pinterest  

Check back in July as I will be reviewing S.J.'s book, The Dark Side of Chemistry! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know what you think!